View Single Post
Old 19-11-04, 08:44 AM   #4
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
nearly 2years of weekly p2p news archived and searchable in these threads..

jack, do you think if you had of posted all these stories as seperate threads we may of lost the "Although not a news site" tag ?
good question multi and i don’t know the answer lol. yeah maybe. probably. but it didn’t happen by accident, it was deliberate. i didn’t want our individual conversations in this forum overrun with news articles every other thread so i thought i could solve the problem and still post dozens of stories by creating this single self-contained weekly news magazine. i think it was the right thing to do. in one spot and at one time we can now easily read all the relevant file-sharing news i can find while the board stays unmolested by big-media.

after all this time the peer-to-peer forum at napsterites speaks with it’s own very personal voice: ours, and that was the goal; to not disturb this rare dynamic - which from bitter experience at other self-destructing forums is all too easily destroyed.

as mennecke (who does consistently good work in slyck) points out there are many news sites. good ones. there are few places like napsterites however. this edition starts the third year for the week in review. i like how it has all worked out.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote