View Single Post
Old 03-07-03, 01:07 AM   #12
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

They will catch and punish a few, but the P2P networks will just adapt to enhance anonymity.

With clients like waste bearing over 1500 bit encryption that is unique for each user, and a trusted client private network ability, it's going to be a lot tougher to find out what is being traded between users.

They will spend a lot of money trying to catch people and devise schemes to thwart trading, all for naught. This will tend to make them want to keep prices high, to defray the costs of P2P countermeasures. This works against them in a big way.

The only thing they can do that will be effective is to offer a high quality product at a reasonable price. Then, folks will not mind (as much) paying the price for the retail product.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote