View Single Post
Old 18-10-05, 03:58 PM   #90
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

as if the rumor mill could possibly take any more pressure, this speculation from US News & World Report:
Quote:
Sparked by today's Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney's office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"It's certainly an interesting but I still think highly doubtful scenario," said a Bush insider. "And if that should happen," added the official, "there will undoubtedly be those who believe the whole thing was orchestrated – another brilliant Machiavellian move by the VP."
not a bad move for Cheney, if true - bail out on the bleak future of the Bush administration and go home to his ranch in Wyoming. why wait in DC for his next heart attack? stuff like this, from the NY Daily News, can't possibly be helping his blood pressure:
Quote:
Cheney's name has come up amid indications Fitzgerald may be edging closer to a blockbuster conspiracy charge - with help from a secret snitch.

"They have got a senior cooperating witness - someone who is giving them all of that," a source who has been questioned in the leak probe told the Daily News yesterday.
hmm - who flipped? my money would be on Scott McClellan's predecessor, Ari Fleischer, who bailed out long ago but yet not quite in time. if it's Ari, he could pat himself on the back for pulling a rabbit out of his hat - he may have avoided jail and the brutal daily grilling that Scott receives at the hands of the White House press corps. hard to say which is worse.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote