Thread: Features I need
View Single Post
Old 04-06-02, 10:23 AM   #41
nanook
just one of the gang...

incredible thread!!!

just my 2 cents. for i am one of the 56kers, of which u all speak.
i agree with goldenrod..........i would not even attempt to dl a movie. it is a waste of my time and the person in which i would dl.
if any of my speeds drop to 1kb or less, without peaking again, i will disconnect myself.
in the same fashion i get other 56kers, with speeds of .08 kbs and it's like they've walked away from the machine.
i would think, even they would like to get the song a bit faster than that. and all it does it take speed away from my ONE download i may have in progress or take spots from others in queue.
i send messages to no avail.
then it will drop to that 0kbs and they still haven't disconnected themselves.
i will usually disconnect, for there may be others in queue.
yes, in line for my songs, a 56ker.
they more than likely r hoping it is just the setting for 2 or more downloads, but i like giving the people what they want.
heehee

we also have to remember that the 56ker is of some importance to these "elite", of which goldenrod speaks.
we know that u come to us, when the queues get too much.
u come and download, knowing full well the speed u will get and u stay with us for the whole ride.
i know, cause i get them all the time.
i will then look and lo and behold they r downloading 26 FRIGGIN' songs at once. (yes i envy u)
but this happens at a time when i may be getting a decent speed, by 56k standards of maybe 6kbs, for my ONE download, and then all of a sudden it drops so this dsler can get that 27th song going.
i say NO.
and little old me will disconnect.
if it doesn't interfere with my speed, then fine, i will let it continue.
but come on. 26 songs at once. pah-lease.

i have no choice as to my 56k. i would love to have dsl or cable.
but being a bit out of town, neither comes out this far.
so be nice to us "country" folk, eh?

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote