Old 17-09-02, 03:38 AM   #6
Shani
Spagal

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
CD players glued shut to stop piracy

desperation!

cut the headphone cord and splice in a mini-jack. it goes to the sound card and bingo, you're making a copy. and yes, they're on the nets already. just got files from toris' "scarlet's walk", in mp3 and wav no less.

- js.
the mp3's you got were probably from the 6-track radio sampler SW selections - haven't seen any of the other SW mp3's around.. if there are though.. let me know

hadnt heard about the glue thing.. :/ though I did read this bit from an interview with her about only being able to get to b-sides using a code.. or something. anyone know anything about it?

Quote:
from here

Tell us about the extras that are the CD, this is awesome, the maps and stuff.

"Well, this is how it works. So when you get the CD, I kind of figured, you know you can't change technology, I mean people are doing what they do so you change it's function. So the CD becomes a key and then you put it into your computer and it will take you to Scarlet's Web. So that's the only way you can get there...it [the CD] will be a code, that I am sure somebody will break within 8 months but I've got 8 months and I kind of know that, but once you get to Scarlet's Web there will be extra tracks which in the old days would have been b-sides but because we don't do that anymore.."
edit - found some fakes on imesh. A sorta fairytale given different titles. hmph

Last edited by Shani : 17-09-02 at 05:39 AM.
Shani is offline   Reply With Quote