View Single Post
Old 03-01-07, 02:27 PM   #52
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
Sorry, I'm stretching here a bit, but it seems that the less popular Bush gets the more people long for the tranquility of servitude mentioned above (or else the illusion of it from our point of view) that Saddam imposed. Perhaps the correlation is indirect and I'm out of line bringing it up, but there's no doubt such a correlation exists. People implicitly declare Bush a fool when suggesting that Hussein governed his people wisely by comparison. Such assessments are mostly close-minded, knee-jerk reactions from what I can tell; how else could people so blithely excuse the evil actions of Hussein and his government? Saddam could only look like a good leader to the kind of people who might consider any elected American president his moral equivalent.
at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how lofty your intentions are, how noble is your cause, how stirring your slogans are, if all you do is get a bunch of people killed. and since that really all Bush has done in Iraq, than he shares a special place with Saddam.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote