View Single Post
Old 26-02-04, 12:38 AM   #5
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Shy whew..just saw this in time!

good stuff !
..glad i was just able to still nail a copy.
thanks to people that put up this page:

Quote:
I think many musicians understand the fluid nature of music and art...They recognize how self-referential it is, and how the progress and growth of any art happens mostly through small deviations from the norm, and that a complete paradigm shift - a wholly new form or style - is awfully rare...We're all products of our influences...It's our nature...

I think most lawyers and label executives don't understand any of that...

They also don't understand the simpler thrills of doing what Danger Mouse did here - having fun with music, testing the limits of the gear and one's own creativity...He challenged himself with a specific idea, and he sat down and worked it out, and it turned out pretty damn cool, and he's rightfully proud of it...but I bet he's done tons of stuff since this...

Keep moving on, ya know? That's the nature of an artist too...

The Grey Album is out here in the world now...It will be written about in popular music books twenty years from now, and for those who care, we'll remember it as a fun and interesting "event", and a fine album to have on our harddrives and iPods...EMI can't really stop those who care from hearing it, and sharing it, and sometimes ya gotta believe that those same lawyers and label executives really don't understand business either...Sales of Beatle records will not suffer in the least from this...If anything, this is going to help them sell more White Albums...And even if they don't, who cares? They've sold plenty already...
from
nice and weird yo!

they got techno bad cool

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote