View Single Post
Old 18-04-01, 12:22 AM   #8
thinker

Well, I've always wanted to be very vocal, but not being too tech-oriented, I seldom know what to say. I guess I feel like A^3 as far as looking for things worth a click and all. I've tried to learn what I could during the last nine months at Napster and Napsterites, but I'll be the first to say I have a long way to go. I think that's the deal with a lot of people. Sometimes one can only say, "good point, so-and-so," because everything one sees is new to him or her. I surely wouldn't want to be dismissed because of my lack of ability. However, until I have better Net access, some time and some training, well, I'll still say "good point, so-and-so" a lot. Only on occasion do I have anything really different to say. On the good side of that, however, is the fact that there are many fruitful minds here who do have the experience that they can use to enlighten. Unfortunately, I've refrained from true content posting somewhat recently, for some of the flames. Hopefully, that will subside. Also, I hope this works out as a sort of "resonance chamber," as TG puts it.

One thing: as for the description of this board (Software), perhaps it would be helpful to clarify or modify "High Content." High content can either be amount of content or intellectual caliber. In the latter, it being potentially interpreted that way in some ways may make posters at the Underground section feel not up to scratch. I surely wouldn't want anyone feeling that way. That was part of the fiasco over the Napster BB Software/Speak Out cleaning/clash. Speak Out was "the trash can." People that post only in the Underground section should not feel that way since that only breeds contempt amongst everyone. Perhaps just leaving it at technically-oriented posts would be better. But this is all just my schmiel. Take it or leave it.