View Single Post
Old 20-02-02, 01:46 PM   #4
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows You COULD be right?

A distinct possibility, strange though, I used my usual shortcut and sure enough beta 5 was there? Oh well... You asked for comments, well here goes...:

Previous problems:

Download screen.. Load Incomplete now works (No Crash)
[But NOT tried it with an EMPTY incomplete list]
Resume of incomplete files on the OpenNap network does NOT work, NO user details stored or extracted from the ---INCOMPLETE files, so will never re-start, even if Auto-retry IS on.
[Not tried to resume on the WNP network, too few users on]
Download status: Now displayed OK

UPload screen: User name AND server now displayed OK
Time display (Time left) still random, appears on some not on others?

ChatBox: [Not the IM box or the Chat function on servers]

The REAL two-way chat box, Still does not accept incoming messages even when the remote user is actually downloading a file on the same server {rather the connection was made by the same server} Picking an ONLINE user from the HOTLIST, you can only send IM's not engage in full chat, incoming messages STILL flag up as mail, do NOT appear in the chatbox.. This is a serious departure from the procedure with 2.6, and I'm sure will bug a lot of users that have used 2.6 for this function for ages.

Memory Leak: Still evident, 2 hours and its up to 192megs
starts at about 30-40 megs, so STILL needs MemWatcher running
to keep it under control.

Which reminds me, thanks to one of the users on here for the key to memWatcher 4.0, that certainly is better than 3.0.

Well thats my latest comments, stay tuned as they say..

Snark..

Post Script: One day someone that writes P-2-P clients, will write in a SAVE SEARCH LIST function... Grrrrrrr
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote