Thread: The Entrance
View Single Post
Old 10-06-01, 11:10 PM   #2
gazdet
.- -.. -- .. -.

Default Re: The Entrance

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
There are so many facets and possibilities related to the idea of Music Forum that we need not only to discuss it thoroughly but also to experiment and play a lot with it to get the best out of these possibilities. This is just a brief first comment on the forum entrance, the 'outside view' to the Music Forum among the other forums. How about this top-level layout:

The Underground (Napsterites)
The Music (find a subtitle here)
Peer to Peer (The 3rd millennium technology!)
Napsterites News (News/Events archives)
Test Forum (Napsterites graphics test forum)
I see what you are saying and it's a good alternative... If we make "The Music" as a subforum similar to Peer to Peer it becomes ajoined as a subdirectory under the Napsterites theme... just like Peer to Peer is an offspring from the Underground but which is intended for more focused discussion.

The current layout you see for "The Music" type forum areas is a completely new "structure" and separate identity from the Underground...

It has it's own entrance similar to the Underground and is in essence, a totally new separate forum area that can be developed technicaly in it's own rite, in that it can have it's own forum subdirectories and areas as we choose.

It's a technical thing really.....the way it's set up now allows us to do more with the Music Forum.

However....if you wish to incoperate The Music forum and consequently only have limited subforums, into the general Napsterites Underground area... we can do that too.

Be aware of future expansion limitations should the concept evolve.

Quote:

Somehow I like the generality of 'The Music'. That includes many of the aspects that Ramona mentioned: making music, promoting it, finding it etc. Behind the same main door one would find both the music and the musicians, which sounds healthy to me. The characteristic energy of the Music Forum could be art whereas The Underground resonates dominantly around the vibe of community and P2P around the vibe of technology.

- tg
I like the Name too....as I said in my post quoting Ramona , the structures currently set up for The Music Forum are as a guide only...we can limit the areas within The Music forum to just general discussion as you have suggested, if you feel it should be a part of Napsterites as a combined unit.

My intent was to allow for potential future possibilities and thus apply the different options and subcategories open to us in regards to the forum layout and functions available for The Music area....that's why I set up a totally new category...

Again..if you feel it isn't warranted... we can contain it...
gazdet is offline   Reply With Quote