View Single Post
Old 26-10-01, 07:06 PM   #5
nanook
just one of the gang...

Quote:
Originally posted by oscar
Interesting article Jack. Kind of makes me wonder that future p2p applications if there will be some kind of universal protocol standard, basically like the internet itself where the whole basis of moving information and communicating seamlessly from the different types of computers, operating systems, and transmission media via the 7 layer OSI model, where as any type of p2p app can interact thru any other type of app. For example that limewire, bearshare and xolox use the same networks but what I am getting at is say would a gnutella app be able to communicate with someone using a morpheus client. What it seems is that you have developers from all over the world developing many p2p apps but they may conform to their own type of network and protocols hence having people dispersed all over the internet using different apps and different networks. I wonder if it would be possible to develop a protocol standard in which any type of p2p app can interact with any other p2p app and communicate with each other.
sounds very interesting, oscar.........would luv to hear jack and tg's views on your post.

*edit* sorry.....was gonna ask if this would make it easier for the big bad wolves, though?

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote