View Single Post
Old 23-05-02, 05:56 AM   #25
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Winnie 3.1 Hotlist issues unsolved!

Why is this happening? Is this only happening to me?

I'm using a Dial-up ISP.

Did several experiments yesterday and ALL entries were listed into the "Online" category of the hotlist and all entries worked normally (sending and receiving blinking letters icons notifying of incoming messages.)

After a disconnection and upon reconnection, all "online" entries were then placed into the "Offline" category even though the known user is "Online" (as proven by the search results).

In order to put a user back into the "Online" section of my hotlist I have to research for a file I know the user has in his shares and RE-add him to the hotlist. The username will then be seen as "Online", however, all previous entries for the user already existing in my hotlist remain in "Offline" status.

As far as using the Hotlist options (i.e., manually adding a username to the hotlist which worked fine in 2.6) when the user is known to be online, these entries WILL stick albeit only temporarily until a disconnection will place it back into "Offline" status.

Another curiosity is when PMing a user via search results AND the user has Auto-Response set to answer his incoming messages, the blinking letter icon DOES appear in the "Offline" section of the hotlist. However, when attempting to respond to the message, it always fails to connect to the "Offline" user in the hotlist.

Can't think of anything else I've noticed - if I do, I'll add it to this post in the hopes someone else is experiencing the same problem or can help solved it.

Remember, I'm only experiencing this problem with 3.1. 2.6 hotlisting works fine.

TIA

GR

Last edited by goldie : 24-05-02 at 02:59 PM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote