View Single Post
Old 19-05-05, 06:53 AM   #14
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
mal, i'm very curious how Galloway is regarded in the UK - i understand he is being investigated. is he as righteously innocent as he sounded in front of Congress or does he have some skeletons in his closet?
I hear the Charity is looking over their investigation in the light of this senate hearing.
He was thrown out of the Labour party for his anti war statements and his slaging off of Blair.Stood as an independent as a member of some fringe party "Respect".And won.This disturbs Blair because he stood on a pro muslin anti war platform.In most debates his recall of facts and delivery make him a formidable debater.On election night he wiped the floor with the BBC interviewer.Who had an agenda against him.
I watched when I came in from work late, four in the morning.
There was nothing in the press the following day I think he's always been a bit pain in the backside towards the press and media.
They used to hate him.
After this hearing the press have warmed to him.Anyone who hates America gets good press here.Except the right wing press,they don't know what to say.They hate blair as well.
All good fun I think.
He's very charismatic thence the nick name "Gorgeous George"
When I watched the video I thought of Oliver North.If you do the wrong thing but look good you can get away with it.
Whether or not he's done the wrong thing we'll see.
It will take some proofing,I suspect after his performance the yanks will leave him alone.Not many f..k with George and come out looking good.
Do a google and read up on his background,he's quite a hero to his fans.
He's Mr bad guy to lot of others because he won't bow down to anyone.
When he met Saddam years ago the press went nuts.
But far from "praising Saddam"
He's on record doing nothing but slag him off for years,right back to the early eighties.
He might well have "some skeletons in his closet"but our press haven't found them,and after the libel win I doubt they'll print without cast iron proof.