View Single Post
Old 30-01-05, 06:40 PM   #7
jcmd62
Alpha Male

I don't think any of you understand what a huge loss HFS is. More than 30 years of unfaltering support of progressive/new wave Rock n Roll. Never intimidated by the more popular stations like DC 101 and 98 Rock with the likes of Howard Stern and the "Greaseman" who played whatever they were PAID to play and make popular. After leaving its original format and moving to 99.1, HFS never changed. HFS was OUR radio station in College Park and it was ALWAYS there at 99.1. Whenever the other stations were full of commercials or the DJ's just wouldn't STFU, you could almost always find commercial free blocks of REM , The Cure, etc.. jamming on HFS. It was always that one station you knew you could flip to and not be instantly repulsed by some DJ that talks through the first 2 minutes and last 5 minutes of every song or forced to endure 20 minutes of commercials between each song.

To everyone at the former WHFS, thanx so much for the musical memories. I don't think todays youth realize just how important a roll Radio Stations played in some of us old timers lives. My days spent at the "Attic/Paragon" and the "Cellar" would not have been as memorable without you and all the great concerts and events you guys made possible throughout my time at the U of MD. Your unwavering path and determination to be different in a business that was very unforgiving to change or to those that proposed it, will always be a testament to your success. Peace WHFS...A sad loss for the Metro area airwaves indeed.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote