View Single Post
Old 03-02-02, 07:28 AM   #12
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

thanks for the link,

but is this really a security problem? okay a hacker could use all my bandwidth but he doesn't get private data form me.

I think the most security risks come from those easy to use "click click" features, like i.e. automatically importing some things - which simply make people stop thinking about what they are really doing.

I mean, if one had ripped or downloaded 100 mp3's and morpheus says that he shares 10000 (as users who share their whole computer usually do) then he should think a bit, that there must be something wrong.

i think the ratio of people sharing files (500000) to people reading forums or helps (500) is 1000:1 and this is the biggest security problem of this system - using something, but being not informed or do not know how to get informed.

with this i dont want to imply that people are stupid - it's just that computer and internet is getting to be used like phone or tv or car - and i dont care much about how my car works - as long as it works. but it seems as if it's not quite such simple.

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote