Thread: cdex help
View Single Post
Old 17-12-01, 03:11 PM   #8
Ruger

I also have a Creative Rom but only a 40x. It is fairly efficient for audio extraction using CDEX it takes maybe 1 minute a track never really timed it. If I use paranoia mode it about doubles. With EAC it takes about 3 minutes a track.
My other drive is a Sony CDRW and is a bit old rather sucky and slow 4x write Plan on getting a Plextor for Xmas even if I have to buy it myself I almost have to invest in a plextor as neither of my drives can read Safedisc 1 or 2 and Cactus Data shield. kinda makes it hard to back up my games

As far as MMJB goes last version used was the first 6.0 version "plus" Not sure what version they are on now? It was fast yes but it did not offer any error correction and the encodings sounded awful compared to Lame at high volume. MMJB is kind of a gimic product. They offer all these options and market it for speed. When in reality all it ever did for me was lock up my computer use up all my resources and create terrible ripps and encodings. But it did uninstall very well