View Single Post
Old 01-10-04, 02:53 AM   #12
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
I found it rather strange too. But in reality, you never know about people. Just because they used to be famous with hit songs, doesn't mean that years later they haven't changed alot.
Two points.

First, as Dawn points out, celebrity is irrelevant.

Second, what is he implicated in that made US officials take the decision to add him to such a list and conscequently make the dramatic decision to divert a flight on that basis.

Clearly, if someone's name suddenly pops up on the grid, the FAA or whoever operates this 'watch list' doesn't cross reference it with a list of Islamic celebrities or a list of people who achieved popular fame in the 1970's. No - they'll just push the metaphorical panic button. So the question is, "what's he done to justify being placed on the list?"

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote