Thread: Anonymous P2P
View Single Post
Old 08-12-03, 02:12 PM   #4
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Smile

As far as they can provide that good speeds for 6 dollars per month it sounds good to me - of course assuming they are trustworthy as guardians of your privacy. It remains to be seen what happens with the speeds when the service gets more popular. P2P is very bandwidth-hungry and they will need to keep buying more line capacity as their clientele grows. If you continue to use the service, please report back to us later on how it evolves.

Commercial anonymoys proxies supporting p2p protocols are a technically viable solution to the privacy problem up to their bandwidth capacity. Like any centralized services they are however vulnerable to blocking by your ISP and to legal attacks by the copyright nazis.

For small group privacy protection WASTE is a good free decentralized solution. I expect to see scalable anonymizing decentralized networks to appear in near future (say 1-2 years). Freenet of course is a scalable privacy-protecting network but I seriously doubt its possibilities as a filesharing platform.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote