Thread: Anonymous P2P
View Single Post
Old 08-12-03, 12:33 PM   #1
wwasicek

Default Anonymous P2P

Hi,

I am new to your forum. I have read some of the articles on security and privacy.

1. Even with a firewall you have to share files through some available port. If the ISP is port scanning they will find the open port and hence find you? Most ISP just looks at the traffic by large bandwidth users. It just a money thing. If you have 2% of your customers sucking up 90% of the bandwidth then you want to get ride of them right?

2. If you use an anonymous web proxy service like www.anonx.com, what are the downsides? I found out about them on the www.shareaza.com and klboard.ath.cx . The shareaza board thinks that the idea is great, but only a few them have tried the service. The klboard loves it and they give a good description of the service and all that AnonX can do. I am using a trail offer from their tech support (techsupport@anonx.com). Everything seems to be great it hides my ip address, the packets are encrypted, and it does all ports and all protocals. I can surf, p2p, irc, ....... This almost seems to good to be true. Any thought? If any of you tried the service, let me know what you think?
wwasicek is offline   Reply With Quote