View Single Post
Old 12-03-02, 08:18 PM   #10
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally posted by assorted
Can you honestly say that there would be no Radiohead, no Nirvana, no Sex Pistols if not for the Beatles? I don't think so;

That would be the Doors. Unlike the give peace a chance message, they had a message of death, the unknown and getting as close to the edge as possible - sometimes over the edge and breaking on through to the other side. The Doors were a dark underside of the hippy movement, often calling their fans fucking slaves, cocksuckers stupid assholes ect. The things that Jim preformed and got arrested for are common in punk and grunge. Alleged Nudity, profanity, lewd and lacivious behavior are all standard today. But if you really listen to the words/poems you are treated to complex formations. Jim was a brilliant songwriter and the other band members all studied music and were exceptional musicians. I heard a rumor that they will be touring soon, I hope that they choose not to have a lead singer and just jam. But if they do have a singer I would like to see Iggy Pop as the front.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote