View Single Post
Old 24-04-02, 02:15 AM   #15
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnDoe345
I was thinking if you could make it work like the links at www.sharereactor.com then it would be a huge benefit, but it doesn't have to.
JohnDoe,

what exactly do you mean with that?

The quicklinks functionality with sig2dat already allows you to click on a quicklink, which causes sig2dat to start, create a signature file and put it in your Kazaa incoming directory. The registry entries have to be correct for this to work though. The entries have to point to the sig2dat executable. Have a closer look at the registry file in Notepad, or use regedit to check the entries made by the registry file.

For reference, here's the contents of the 'standard' registry file as found in the sig2dat archive on Indy's page:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat]
@="URL: sig2dat Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat\DefaultIcon]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\sig2dat\\sig2dat.exe\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\sig2dat\\sig2dat.exe\" \"%1\""

It registers "sig2dat" as a URL protocol.
It sets an icon for that protocol.
It defines the default "open" command that calls sig2dat.exe with the URL as parameter. (Not sure with this "URL as parameter" stuff, that's my interpretation of the %1 in the last registry entry.)

The paths to sig2dat have to be correct so that all this works. At home, I have changed the registry to point to sig2dat, because I have it installed somewhere else. And it worked like a charm, even with Opera.

To deinstall, simply remove the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat folder using regedit.

Stoepsel