View Single Post
Old 23-04-02, 06:43 AM   #5
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Hi,

to get ed2k links to work with Opera you have to follow the advice in the last post of this thread:

Quote:
Locate Opera's .ini file (opera.ini or opera6.ini), go to the [User Prefs] section and enter the following line:
TrustedExternalURLProtocols=ed2k
Since ed2k links are probably very similar to the sig2dat links, I'd bet you must either:

* create a new line opera6.ini, section [User Prefs] to read:
TrustedExternalURLProtocols=sig2dat

* or extend that line (if it already exists) to read:
TrustedExternalURLProtocols=<whatever is already there>, sig2dat

If a comma doesn't work, try a semicolon or something. The Opera site wasn't clear on the exact format for multiple protocols.

ed2k links should already work for IE and Netscape/Mozilla according to this (German) site. So I figure that sig2dat links should also work if the registry settings are correct. The German sites gives an example for ed2k links:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ed2k\shell\open\command
Wert="C:\Programme\eDonkey2000\gdonkey.exe" %1

So there should probably be an entry reading something like this:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sig2dat\shell\open\command
Wert="C:\Programme\sig2dat\sig2dat.exe" %1

@Indy:
You should have a look at that page (sections 22+23), if you haven't done so already. It discusses some issues regarding quicklinks in browsers and stuff. It shows what you can check, if ed2k links don't work. So just apply those hints to your sig2dat links.
And before anyone starts smart-assing me, Indy knows German - at least as well as you can possibly expect from an Austrian

Hope this helps,
Stoepsel

Last edited by Stoepsel : 23-04-02 at 06:54 AM.
Stoepsel is offline   Reply With Quote