View Single Post
Old 21-03-02, 10:48 AM   #3
fogelbise

Grokster is still my favorite since Morpheus morphed on us. Despite there being leeches on the system, you can control them with a little monitoring and there *are* alot of people there sharing a nice catalogue of quality files.

For # of files and variety searchable, winMX has got the advantage, but it can be very hard to get anything. I did finally get a movie there...overnight. I only recommend it if you can't wait for a big new release to become widespread on grokster/kazaa...which it eventually always will...when it is wide spread i have gotten both parts, maybe about 250kb in 30-45minutes...you might spend that long getting in all the queues at winmx...i plan on trying wm3 beta 5. >>you still have leeches on winmx and have to monitor them unless there are bots to do that?

controlling leeches on grok/kaz:
(most common problem: you cancel them and they jump right back on sometimes)

1. open another upload slot until you find someone who is also sharing. i recommend trying "find more from same user" *twice* as i have, a few times, got nothing the first time, and did get results the second time. but most that are sharing show up right away. (sometimes i even check if they are only sharing fakes/renamed files and IM them to correct them)

2.then bring the number of uploads slots back down and cancel the leech...leaving the sharer on and giving him/her more speed.

why? leech is slowing down the upload to the sharer.
why not? if your upload speed is so fast that it isn't all being used anyway...no problem.

just my opinion.

sorry so long.......
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote