View Single Post
Old 26-04-02, 09:07 PM   #16
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Lightbulb Scyth you are a Friggin' Genius!!!

I am so damn happy i could (oops i did) shitmyself

Scyth your info on the kazaadebug.log was extremely damn helpful to me.

Here is what I've got so far.

I have the normal KaZaA 1.6 installed to the default location of c:\Program files\KaZaA well I had the 1.4 version (executable only on my windows desktop)

I got to thinking about Scythes comments on the kazaadebug.log so i created a "kazaadebug.log" on my windows Desktop and fired up (double-clicked) on the Kazaa 1.4 executable...

Results:
1)I got the would you like to update message? which i promptly dismissed

Then

2)My firewall detected that the kazaa.exe (version 1.4) was trying to connect to port1214 to address supernode2.kazaa.com and also to supernode.kazaa.com most likely this is where the hosts lists are stored for the client (i'm assuming this i do not know for certain that this is the case)

well I blocked access to these two locations with my firewall..whoops i forgot to mention one thing

before i started the kazaa.exe program on my desktop (1.4) i opened a dos box (prompt within windows) and i ran this command:

debug c:\windows\desktop\kazaa.exe /R

honestly i don't know what the debug is or how its used (something to do with assembly and being able to pass machine language or code instructions to a program at very rudimentary levels....unfortunately for me I am not up on ASM or assembly language or windows assembly language..is anybody here familiar with it?

well after I got my prompt that it could not connect (actually i never got a prompt it just kept saying "connecting" at the bottom of the screen

3)However after I blocked access to these two ip address (the two supernodes) i immediately made a copy of the kazaadebug.log (that I had originally created as an empty ascii text file BASED ON the recommendations and or experiments of Scyth above

and low and behold here are the limited results as I made this copy very quickly after the connection attempt (to the fasttrack network failed)

here is an excerpt of my results:

Quote:
Logging started (YODAYADACOM) 26-04-2002 22:49:02
kazaa: initing adult filter phrases (102/36)
kazaa: set new network_config, ver 67, 2530 bytes
LocalContentManager: Scan completed
kazaa: listening on TCP port 1214
kazaa: node state 3-->1
KazaaServerConnector: Status 0->1 (-1 0 0)
Socket: Address/gethostbyname error 11001
KazaaServerConnector: Status 1->1 (1 0 0)
Socket: Address/gethostbyname error 11001
KazaaServerConnector: Status 1->5 (2 0 0)
kazaa: node state 1-->2
kazaa: node state 2-->3
client_connector_t: host list exhausted, trying kaasupernode 1
client_connector_t: connecting to 213.248.112.37:1214 (dist 79, 1 in progress)
client_connection_t: 213.248.112.37:1214 timeout, 10008 ms
client_connector_t: host list exhausted, trying kaasupernode 0
client_connector_t: connecting to 213.248.107.11:1214 (dist 79, 1 in progress)
client_connection_t: 213.248.107.11:1214 timeout, 10044 ms
client_connector_t: connecting failed
LocalContentManager: Sharing: deleted 0, added 5 files
Please everyone let's put our heads together and crack (i mean really crack this mofo wide open)

and let's make for ourselves a better P2P experience.

Thank-you all

call me now

the KaZaNite
(defender of true spirit behind P2P)

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote