View Single Post
Old 25-10-06, 12:17 AM   #13
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Alright, I did pull that out of my ass. Now that I've checked the facts I can say that about 1 out of 210 soldiers in Iraq gets killed while only about 1 out of 7,700 people in America die while driving. At the time I wrote the above statement I hadn't done the research. However, I do know that homocide rates in major American cities nearly match the soldier mortality rates in Iraq:
Quote:
The average monthly death toll for US soldiers in Iraq is 55.6 deaths per month while the average reported murders per month in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City are 48.7, 51.9 and 49.3 deaths per month. The murder statistics in the US cities are for hostile deaths only — whereas the death toll in Iraq includes both hostile and accidental deaths.

Link
So if we were to compare apples to apples by combining the statistics for homocides, accidental deaths, and suicides it's likely that domestic civilian death rates in most major cities would equal or exceed military death rates throughout the whold nation of Iraq. albed, I think if you were a soldier in Iraq you would be marginally safer than you are right now, if for no other reason than you are really fucking anal about the details and you don't let anything get by you. You could probably sniff a sniper or an IED 1,000 yards away.

Last edited by Mazer : 25-10-06 at 12:31 AM.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote