View Single Post
Old 04-03-04, 12:24 PM   #50
span

Quote:
Originally posted by miss_silver
Yes it does, especially after 9/11. But you think spending billions on a war that doesn't seem to go nowhere is the solution? Also, What is the definition of a terrorist?

three fifths of Al-Queda's leadership is dead or has electrodes hooked to their scrotum in an undisclosed location, i'd hardly call that "going nowhere".

Quote:
Saddam, from his people point of view, he was also a monster... But to my knowledge, the only thing he did to the US was to steal their oil

he was an enabler, people like Bin Laden saw that people like Saddam could thumb their nose with impunity at the world with no reprecussions, that only served to embolden terrorists, plus there's also the matter of his Suicide Bomber Life Insurance paid to families of jihadists that killed jewish civilians in Israel (a US ally in case you didn't know) which could be considered terrorism.

Quote:
Span, how would you describe your actual gouvernment? Right-wing or extreme right-wing?

what do you mean "actual government"? that includes alot of people and i call it a representative democracy.

Quote:
and he want's to impose on other countries and his own his own personnal religious beliefs.

what? cite examples PLEASE, i'm dying to see them.

Quote:
Bush right now is spending all the money on a war that actually targets only a few individuals and that is wrong.

are you saying he should go after Islam as a whole? because whether anyone wants to say it or not that's where the real terrorism comes from, wahabiism in particular. but of course then he'd be blamed for starting another Crusades.

Quote:
How can one's government justify this much money for so few individuals...

those "few individuals" perpetrated the largest terrorist attack on US soil, call it jingoistic if you want but tracking down and killing the bastards responsible is a right and duty of any President, i understand your Canadian and probably partly French so i can see why you think rolling over and giving up would have been a better course of action.

Quote:
beside, if bin ladden does get captured, another will take it's place. War on terrorisim, defined by Bush's government, will go on forever because they will always be ppl that are totally against americans values & idealogies(what ever they are)?
full of optimism eh? i guess just opening our borders and letting them kill even more of us is the only way!
span is offline   Reply With Quote