View Single Post
Old 14-06-02, 05:26 PM   #13
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by AYB
As a developer, .NET gets my juices flowing. The-secret-AYB-uber-leet-p2p-project is going to be coded initially in .NET as it will allow us to code and develop at speed. It's Microsoft beating Java at its own game.
I was wondering about that. I did remember you saying that your program was going to be built on .NET. Anyhow, I've read up a little about it and it does seem that it can be looked at as a tool for programers somewhat in the way Java is a tool. Although, from what I've read it's not a programing language like Java but rather a framework "tool" that will allow better communications between programs. Anyhow, I definitely don't know that much about .NET and I'm sure AYB or other programmers can explain it better.

For those of you who want to learn a little more about .NET you can read this article I found: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/j...-iw-msnet.html

Although, here is a quote from the article that I believe summons up what .NET is all about:
Quote:
It is an application framework, meaning that it provides applications with the system and network services they require. The .Net services range from displaying graphical user interfaces to communicating with other servers and applications in the enterprise. It replaces Windows COM (Component Object Model) with a much simpler object model that is implemented consistently across programming languages. This makes sharing data among applications, even via the Internet, easy and transparent. .Net also substantially improves application scalability and reliability, with portability being a stated but not yet realized objective. These are clear benefits demonstrated by the prebeta edition of .Net.
But it is understandable that anything coming from Microsoft should be questioned first before trying. I'm still debating about .NET myself.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote