View Single Post
Old 07-05-02, 08:51 PM   #32
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Unhappy

okay, ethen we are cool then

i will respect your wishes....

now then an update for all on "what is taking you guys so long to do this? (p2p development and enhancement projects)"

First off, I'd like to say that it is NOT EASY to do what we are

trying to do. It is also NOT IMPOSSIBLE

what are some of the stumbling blocks in MY way?

a)i'm not a programmer

b)kazaa.exe has some seriously good protection schemes going on with it...please check out posts by "snowman" and "scyth" for more details.

1)encrypted processes which prevent tampering (removing of and changing icons, bitmaps, etcetera

2)protections (unknown file compression for an executable file similiar to the way you'd zip a regular file only this type of encryption is done to compress (make smaller) executable files with the extensions .EXE) it also prevents a Debugger or and uncompressing agent from unzipping it so that it can be broken down into a simpler form (uncompressed and "unpacked" with an unpacking tool like windasm8.93 or similiar)

3)some type of protection that detects softice (a program used by programer's for "debugging" problems with programs and can also be used by "us" hopefull to remove the dependency on having a cd_clint.dll in the first place as well as providing us with furthur insight into the wonderful program known as kazaa

what else is slowing me down?

c)While using Resource Hacker (a wonderful program invented by a genius programmer that allows you to customise most any 32bit windows executable program) I've encountered problems with the kazaa program that will either hang or crash the resource hacker program (its like walking through a landmine you never know which change will set off the bomb) so while i've been extremely close to getting things just right (remember i'm being brief and leaving out a few details for the sake of brevity here) Whenever one of these "bombs" would be triggered i would lose all the previous work i'd done on the client and have to begin again each time all over...This has happened to me 3 or 4 times already.

d)sometimes I get sick of trying to figure it out and need a break.

e)My main biggest problem which I consider (for me only) to be my biggest setback is making the application compatible with windows XP...i can get it to run perfectly on a Windows 9x machine but XP is in my humble opinion "so different" from windows 9x...the locations for the files...logins for multiple users..etecetera

f)My program will come with an uninstaller which WILL work (i think it was either Twinspan or Buzzbk who mentioned something about this in another post about how they hated having "leftovers" in the kitchen (window's registry) after a program was removed from their system)

Gentlemen, SO DO I

well, these are some of the reasons its taking me a while to complete this endeavor.

The last reason is this:

Do y'all want any form of "cookie" control or the ability to block websites from showing up inside the client window (metamorphesis or "whatever the final name will be") of the client?

I personally like the idea of cookie control but what are your thoughts?

Please some comments are DESIRED

feedback is important to this project and so too will betatesters

Goldenrod you are already on my list for one of the first to receive

a beta when its ready...

i could use a few more volunteers?

alright...who wants some?

hehe

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote