Thread: Features I need
View Single Post
Old 02-06-02, 07:36 PM   #36
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Hey John........

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnDoe345

There just needs to be a fair way to distingush users who have legitimate reasons for doing what they do rather then some users who just don't feel like sharing that day/month, or they don't want to share because they can selfishly get faster speeds. What I've noticed is that p2p programs in general are pretty anonymous and most of them allow you to change your ID with the blink of the eye. Because of this there is almost no consequence to their actions meaning that they can pretty much get away with also anything. Most p2p programs don't have a way to ban a users or have any kind of punishment for users not sharing simply because they don't want to. Although, a system like that has to be used and implemented fairly.

And just to let you know SA_Dave and all 56k users, 9 times out of 10 I just let you guys download from me not matter what since you guys are going so slow. This is a very problematic issue which is further aggravated because of the very little willingness by many p2p program makers to solve it.
JohnD, guess I should have made myself clearer.

For me it's not an us against them issue at all. It's the few bad apples out there who have no tolerance for 56k users.

Hasn't happened to me much lately but there was a time when I'd actually get cussed out for 1) daring to dl from a bb'r and the best speed I could muster was 4-5 K/s or 3) Being told to go myself if I pm'd someone who wasn't sharing a single thing especially users who had just finished dling a file from me during a previous session or 3) having a speed less than 1 in the midst of multisourcing from many, many users at the same time.

Perhaps it was just mere coincidence that most of these incidences occurred more often than not whenever someone's connection was listed as broadband?

Label me the queen of generalizations and stereotyping

Nearly 85% of my files came from bb'rs (the majority of which believe in share and share alike mentality............
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote