Thread: iio - rapture
View Single Post
Old 27-01-02, 11:45 AM   #14
kristof47
Grand Theft Music

Quote:
Originally posted by schmooky007
nowadays, dance music is different in parts of the world. for example, in north america, "dance" is considered r&b, teenie pop, britney, backstreet boys, puff daddy, that sort of stuff.

Quote:
i read a few days ago that george lucas even casted n'sync to play on screen in the upcoming star wars movie

NOOOOOO

Quote:
true, there is a lot of crap produced every year, with groups like aqua, fragma, and sash, ruining everything from time to time
Over here, in the last years there has been a large increase in mainstream dance groups. Sylver, Milk Inc, La Luna, Zippora, Astroline, Ian Van Dahl, ... Most don't last very long. They're all the same. A DJ that usually makes better stuff but who needs money, a good looking girl that can dance. Being able to sing isn't necessary since it's all cleaned up and enhanced with a computer. (The only girl that can actually sing is Sylvie from Sylver.) A fairly lame beat and melody with meaningless, repetitive vocals. The best ones are gone or make crap now. I loved Absolom. They were one of the first groups using this format when it was still new.
The last year their has been a large increase in remaking old songs and it's slowly going mainstream. For example, The Logical Song jump remake, did very good in mainstream. Next week a jump remake of Hard To Say I'm Sorry will be released and soon a 2002 remake of Maniac.