Thread: iio - rapture
View Single Post
Old 14-01-02, 04:07 AM   #11
schmooky007
hi

Quote:
Originally posted by greedy_lars
i guess one thing that carries them for me, is originality. something i see as lacking in the generic dance track indurtry of late
nowadays, dance music is different in parts of the world. for example, in north america, "dance" is considered r&b, teenie pop, britney, backstreet boys, puff daddy, that sort of stuff. it_used_to_be eurodance, euro-trance, a few years ago (mid 90s). then... teenie pop and r&b invaded the radio (and the charts) and it all went downhill from there. nowadays you find radio stations play britney at least 5 times every day. this is quite pathetic, you just can't get away from all that crappy pop music. i read a few days ago that george lucas even casted n'sync to play on screen in the upcoming star wars movie

the originality of dance music however remains strong in europe. "dance" is still regarded as techno, trance, progressive, etc. 2001 in particular was a big year for progressive trance. true, there is a lot of crap produced every year, with groups like aqua, fragma, and sash, ruining everything from time to time but... there's also a lot of good stuff. u just have to know where to look. my advice is: if you really want quality dance music, get away from the mainstream acts, and you'll find loads of excellent records
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote