View Single Post
Old 07-08-05, 09:22 AM   #21
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLink
How the hell can you feel safe when airplanes are flying overhead, how can you feel safe while trains filled with nuclear waste or toxic chemicals are being driven through your state?
I can feel safe because there aren't a lot of sick minds running around where I live. If you missed the gist of my post it was mostly about getting rid of them so you can be safe. If you're afraid of them getting guns why aren't you afraid of them burning your house or running you over? Some of the really nasty ones throw acid on people now. But all you seem to think about are guns.

Quote:
How on earth CAN a gun protect you from an idiot that will yank the steering wheel of his car? Are you going vigilante on him? Are you going to shoot him? Provided you have your gun neatly tucked away under your armpit in the first place?
Why do you think of guns all the time. I suggested getting rid of the sick minds remember, and I pointed out other ways they could harm you besides using a gun.

Quote:
I can feel safe because I don’t think that my number has come up all the time, I can feel safe because I don’t have to look over my shoulder to see if some one sneaks up on me with a gun!
The whole concept behind the gun is that you don't have to sneak up on someone to use it. So if you're concerned about people sneaking up on you it's a good bet they don't have a gun.

Quote:
Of course I would like to see those sick minds of the street as much as you do but it isn’t up to me to do that. That is up to the legal system however flawed it may be.
Besides that every society has its fair share of idiots. No amount of guns in your house will prevent that.
Again with this gun as the solution to all your problems. If that's the way you see them maybe you're better off without one. I see them mostly as a way to protect lives and property and mainly through deterrence at that, not as a way to cleanse society of undersireables.

Quote:
Ah I see, that must be the reason why cops in America walkup to a car he/she just pulled over with his/her hand on his/her gun! Clearly a representative of the government and clearly he/she doesn’t think you are a criminal.
You see albed over here when a cop pulls me over he gets out of his car with his hands stretched out in order to shake mine, a true insult and serious injustice I must say.
I've lived in the US all of my life and the cops who've pulled me over always had their hand on a clipboard.

But with size of the traffic fines nowdays they might consider that gun idea.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote