View Single Post
Old 05-04-04, 05:31 PM   #36
Sinner
--------------------

Default Re: Tao Te Ching, chapter 36

Quote:
That which shrinks must first expand.
That which fails must first be strong.
That which is cast down must first be raised.
Before receiving there must be giving.
This is called perception of the nature of things.
Soft and weak overcome hard and strong.
Fish cannot leave deep waters, and a country's weapons should not be displayed.
but....

Quote:
Chapter 74

If men live in contant fear of dying, and if breaking the law means that a man will be killed, Who will dare to break the law? There is always an official executioner.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramona_A_Stone
Yeah I guess it'd be better if we were just kept in the dark about it.

It's funny that when the videos are of us killing Iraqis, you think it's "AWESOME."

Know the reason I shouted out "That was Awesome" was because I wanted to say something just as if not more stupid then what knife wrote. Of course I don't think it was Awesome. A solider is a solider, doesn't matter what side they are on. But they do have a job to do and the Americans are doing it very well.

Quote:
I guess you might prefer that the media only show us killing the enemy and purge all images of the enemy killing us. It would certainly be good PR for the war effort, but one can't help notice that while you whine about the reportage of actual events in Fallujah being "propaganda," you'd seem to prefer your own brand. I won't call this ironic since I realize the supposed ultimate practicality of such an approach.

I don't need or want to see any killing on my TV or the net. I read CNN, I know how many men are being killed over there. That is bad enough, showing Americans being killed and dragged in the streets is not something people need to see. And it is Propaganda, face it....

Quote:
This in fact cuts to very intention of my post, simply an observation of how truly ironic it is that the president's dad gives "glorified" lip service to sonny-boy while the facts of what's really going on in Iraq shoot completely over his head in technicolor real time. How we love self-congratulatory assurances being lathered on the American public (at a petrochemical organization function, no less) about the certain success of their 'miraculous' reshaping of Iraq from within--when it's almost exactly a year to the day that Little Lord Bushleroy declared "major combat over" and this last month was the second deadliest since the beginning of the war. Roll it all up in a package of framing anyone who discusses reality being "ignorant elites on the campaign trail" and the irony is truly fucking mind-searing.

None of this would be good PR. Got to keep the public psyched, gotta talk loud and fast to cover the sound of the meat grinders.

Paper Tiger comes to my mind......

but I will have to come back.....your post is long, good, but long.....I gots no Time,

Quote:
Chapter 67

Mercy brings victory in battle and strength in defense.