View Single Post
Old 05-04-04, 07:00 AM   #29
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by miss_silver

He did not! True enough, he's a real monster but did not steal the country, through political channels, he was the next in line for presidency from Of course, nobody could foresaw what he would do with his newly acquired power.
Check back a little you will see I was meaning to refer to Saddam invading Kuwait "Gulf war 1"
But seeing as how you brought up how Saddam gained power........How about the systematic killing of any and all political rivals after he took power to ensure his reign?

Quote:

Ok, in another point of view, I need proofs on this Just to say that according to a lot of info i've read (keep in mind that there is no impartial journalists, it's a mith) that Bush didn't think al-Q was a menace but saddam was.

Quote:

In it's first year of presidency, he mostly didn't give a flying fuck nor was scared of al-Q or bin ladden. Sadly, a year later, 2 towers fell and a lot of ppl got killed, including the ones who threw themselves off the tower Again, sadly enough, it was a mistake to dismissing this treath.
There was no proof of a specific threat! A very popular misconception is he let it happen. Let what happen? There was only speculation of a threat with no specifics. And it wasn't a year it was barely 9 months 200 some odd days. I don't remember it being taken very seriously before Bush? And that was after how many attacks under the Clinton Admin?

Quote:

Al-Q was the foremost threath against the US ant Bush Ignored it completely.
No more than Clinton did for 8 years! Clinton and his Administration let Al-Q fester for nearly a decade with virtually no action.

Quote:

Needless to say I was shocked and shook to my bones when I saw the first tower collapse, ditto for the second one. I also remember that Bush was no where to be found on this sad day when He truly heard the music. Also remember a certain mayor covered in white dust after the 2 tower fell. Where were Bush Jr at that time?

There is a specific protocal the secret service follows. The less the public knows of the where abouts and travel plans of the President the better. As I recall the Bush demanded to be taken back to the white house and not hide depite the Secret Service suggesting otherwise. Don't think Air Force One doesn't have a phone on it!

Quote:
He was being a chicken shit scared out of his mind for not listening the warning issued to him for a whole year. Even if saddam had plans for the a bomb, it was still hearsay (proofs please) Clinton adm were more scared of al-q than Saddam. Guess they were right on this... Strange enough that the tower weren't hit sooner under clinton 8 years.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/.../clinton.iraq/

http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

If you want to read more about Clintons stance views and action on Iraq do a google search string with this " clinton iraq threat"
Franctly I wish the democrats would read more of it. Sounds very familiar

Quote:

About Clinton and Nafta, The only thing he did was to bring the mexican into the deal. Before that it was only the US and Canada. I don't see how you can blame Clinton on this unless you have something against the mexican ppl (truly hope not).
True about Nafta he did allow mexico in. Nothing against Mexicans. But we lost alot of job to mexico because of this. But I do have something against Bill Clintons stance on free trade. Free trade is fine providing it does not include the systematic exporting of our jobs and not our goods:mad: Is it a coincidence that a recession started shortly after all these free trade agreements?

Quote:

Considering that Bush was reading a goat story to a bunch of kids at the time they informed him that a first tower was hit (not clear at the time about being a bomb or a plain) and when the second tower was hit (obviously by a plain caught on film) he still didn't do squat, meaning, calling the airforce to shoot down the other 2 hijack planes. One hit the pentagone and if it werent for the courage and sacrifice of the other passengers on the fourth plane, according to intelligence, this one was ment for the white house.
Don't forget that the President has a huge staff of advisors. Don't think that things weren't being done behind the scenes. The president typically gives the go ahead to suggestions. Not the other way around. Typically the President is the last to know because of the chain of command. To be quite honest if Bush would of come unglued I would have been worried.

Quote:
AweShucks, i've met other rep on this board that made more sense than supporting the Bush adm. Also remember on how Mc Cain was snuffed out by the Bush publicity during the choosing of the next rep representative for the white house. I have nothing against the reps, only have something against the Bush adm and how he got into power (Florida Ballots scam) Over here, we might be a primitive country by counting by hands the vote, but atleast, we are truly sure as to who won the election, there is no bad dimple of half punch ballot issue. We do not rely on computers or informatised way to count the votes of our citizen.
McCain is a borderline Democrat or as some would say a moderate republican.

Nobody likes what happened in Florida don't think that the ballot issue is new. It's just that the count was so close they finally had to deal with it.

Quote:

Just to say that it should remain a local issue, why did the US/UK needed to drag along shithoad of other countries into this war? Was the US lacking money to wage war into iraq? Was it the infamous quote from Bush JR that if a country is not with us (our ideaology) is against us?

With all the weapon you have, such a statement could be considered as a treath to other countries
Consider this quote by Bill Clinton "nations that sponsor and permit terrorist acts must face strong sanctions"

http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/28/clinton.speech/

Quote:

The US are not the cops or police state of the whole world The US has no right to meddle into the world affairs since if the whole world does not go with their point of view, they are against them. What a fucked up conspiracy theory and what a load of egotistic crap.
No we are not the Cops of the world but often times we are the only ones willing to take a chance or are able to take a chance.

Consider all the countries that ask for our help or we give help to. Too many to list.........How many Billions of foriegn aid has the U.S. sent out and never recieved repayment or even asked for repayment. Often times this gets confused as meddling.

Quote:

Wonder what will happen when you run out of drikable water, will the US invade us next for our natural ressources
ack we have bottled water it's rather good!