View Single Post
Old 04-04-04, 01:49 PM   #25
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by miss_silver
Correct me on this but those chimical attacks, weren't they against the kurds
Yes the chemical attacks were against the Kurd who happen to live in Iraq.

Quote:

If the internationnal troops pull out, it will be civil war in Iraq.
True.. There is a large ethnic and religious split among the Iraqi people. Neither see eye to eye just like us dems and reps however they tend to use violence not words.

Quote:

Petrolium, black oil They have been at it since 1946. What other gain for the US would there be? Bush Senior declared War on Iraq because Saddam was stealing the oil from Kuwait. Atleast there was a fiber of truth for his reason to wage war on Iraq.
Saddam stole the whole damn country!

Quote:

Bush JR is another matter. His reason to invade Iraq were based on hearsay and lack of proofs and we have yet to find those 'weapons of mass destruction' .
Alot of that hearsay and lack of proofs were passed on to him by the Clinton Administration do not forget that. After all during the Clinton Admin we knew full well that Iraq had those weapons then. Also we have yet to find any weapons but we do know he had the programs in place to make them. Or was developing programs to make them. Letting Saddam get the A-Bomb would of been a huge mistake. We know he had a partial program for it at one time. He had been trying to get the bomb for years. The French were even kind enough to give him some technology at one point. That is until Israel blew it up on him

Quote:
Just playing a worst case scenario, lest just say that the arab world unites against the US and decided to not export oil anymore to your country but instead, they would favor China and Russia with oil, What would the US gov do to secure their oil supply? On this, I have no doubt that this would truly be WW3.
Maybe then we would finally develop an energy plan?? Something neither politcal party has managed to do yet or even seriously considered.
Actually Russia is still broke they can't buy squat. China is the one who will become the superpower over the next decade. No thanks to Bill Clinton for signing NAFTA. However shutting the US off of oil would most likely spell economic hell to any Arab nation.

Quote:

Hey, i'm not forgetting the humane side that Iraq is now Saddam free but I truly doubt that it was a humane effort to liberate those poor souls that led the US to overthrow Saddam. The excuse of WMD is very week excuse and a obvious lie. Jeebus, Can't we learn from history anymore
Democrats critisize Bush for acting on intelligence that appeared to be valid "Iraq". Then on the flipside they also critisize him for not acting on intelligence that appeared to be too vague "9/11" Odd how things work out isn't it?
Quite franctly I'd blame the CIA and Director Tenet who quite honestly should not have a job.
Makes complete sense to me