View Single Post
Old 04-04-04, 12:51 PM   #23
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Arrow

Quote:
I don't think we'll ever know? All we know is there was mass graves full of senseless killings. Chemical attacks against his own people. Selective raping of women by his sons. Torture of Olympic athletes. Unexplained disappearances of hundreds if not thousands of people.
True, Saddan is a tyrant. It's a good thing that he's not in power anymore and I was glad he was finally caught Correct me on this but those chimical attacks, weren't they against the kurds If the internationnal troops pull out, it will be civil war in Iraq. The Sunnies and the Chiites will kill eachother and we will be witnessing another Rowanda. Also, the US/UK has been meddling into Iraq affairs since 1946. A lot of ppl can easily forget this fact but the iraq ppl surely didn't.

Quote:
Which gain?
Petrolium, black oil They have been at it since 1946. What other gain for the US would there be? Bush Senior declared War on Iraq because Saddam was stealing the oil from Kuwait. Atleast there was a fiber of truth for his reason to wage war on Iraq. Bush JR is another matter. His reason to invade Iraq were based on hearsay and lack of proofs and we have yet to find those 'weapons of mass destruction' . If we would have to compare which country has the most destructive weapons, USA win the contest. Those weapons are of course "to protect the citizen of the United States" Just playing a worst case scenario, lest just say that the arab world unites against the US and decided to not export oil anymore to your country but instead, they would favor China and Russia with oil, What would the US gov do to secure their oil supply? On this, I have no doubt that this would truly be WW3. Hey, i'm not forgetting the humane side that Iraq is now Saddam free but I truly doubt that it was a humane effort to liberate those poor souls that led the US to overthrow Saddam. The excuse of WMD is very week excuse and a obvious lie. Jeebus, Can't we learn from history anymore

Quote:
Sure in no way did I mean disrespect. Is this place not a place just to speak your mind and have fun. It's an Internet BB things happen. People say things all the time that can be taken several different ways because they are written not spoken. Clearly you took things in a whole different manner than they were meant. If Jack is offended I will apologize and edit my post. All I was saying is that the theory was really reaching out there for help maybe I worded it to harshly for some?
Hey, wasn't defending Jack And yes, it is an internet bb. I happened to be part of several bb's and from personnal experience, they don't play as harsh as this or show evident lack of respects to other users or do not label other users of this and that because they do not agree with them. Yes, I do speak my mind and have fun researching the net for articles to post to back my statements, Infact, never learned so much about outside politics than on the PA bb. It's also true that what is written will upset someone far more that when it is spoken, totally agree with you on this As for the matter of taking it in a different way that it was ment, just wanted to make a point that we can actually argue and remain friendly and polite to one and other, that's all

Politics and religions tends to bring out the ugly part of us

Quote:
You try to play the middle yet do as others do ? Hmmmm
Don't we all

Quote:
Clearly you take things way too personal around here.
I thought arguing was to take it personnal since it sparks response to the thread. If you didn't take it personnal, would you have posted a reply in this thread Dude, If I were to take things personnal, I wouldn't even be in the PA.

So far, i've been labeled

A Fashist
A Jhiad Lover
A Communist
A nut Case
A lover of Yassin
An anti-semite

and the list grows long

But i'm still here
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote