Thread: Cindy Sheehan
View Single Post
Old 09-08-05, 07:26 AM   #10
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
“here’s what the president said today.” it’s part of their job. did that sicken you too, or are you sickened only when distraught moms get attention grieving unbearable losses that this president – who ordered this war - will never experience, let alone comprehend? if so such rigid one-sidedness borders on the pathological.
Most of their job is turning "Here's what the president said today" into a form of entertainment. Being informative is one of their primary concerns, I'm certain, but each news agency faces stiff competetion. They over hype most everything to keep their audience watching, and unfortunatly that leaves enough air time for only half the story. Everything is fair game, from the nameless dead in the war to the personal tragedy of a mother. I think I've mentioned before that I don't watch cable news channels anymore, and lately I've stopped watching the local news as well. The news has lost all credibility with me. Whereas once the free press was responsible for holding public figures accountable, now all they do is try to make them look as bad as possible in every circumstance. This poor lady is their weapon against the president, whether she likes it or not, and they won't release her until they've trashed the his reputation. And like any gun, she'll walk away from this experience empty, feeling dirty and used.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote