Thread: Cindy Sheehan
View Single Post
Old 08-08-05, 07:43 PM   #5
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
"Why did you kill my son?" is a loaded, politically charged question to begin with, which is why the president doesn't want to answer it.

The media's obsession with turning tragedy into entertainment sickens me to no end.
hmmm. so you know what bush is thinking.

the entire affair of war is loaded and politically charged and bush has spared no effort putting his loaded and politically charged points across at every opportunity. either in person or by proxy, with the full acquiescence of the media. how did americans gather basic information, or misinformation about iraq? how was it that you heard about wmds and 45 minute nuclear windows? about uranium purchases and missions accomplished? unless bush came to your home and told you personally - and he didn’t tell me - you heard his spin from the press. he told them and they passed it along, relatively verbatim with little in the way of modifiers. “here’s what the president said today.” it’s part of their job. did that sicken you too, or are you sickened only when distraught moms get attention grieving unbearable losses that this president – who ordered this war - will never experience, let alone comprehend? if so such rigid one-sidedness borders on the pathological.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote