View Single Post
Old 03-02-02, 04:40 PM   #14
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by indiana_jones

i think the ratio of people sharing files (500000) to people reading forums or helps (500) is 1000:1 and this is the biggest security problem of this system - using something, but being not informed or do not know how to get informed.

with this i dont want to imply that people are stupid - it's just that computer and internet is getting to be used like phone or tv or car - and i dont care much about how my car works - as long as it works. but it seems as if it's not quite such simple.
Very good point indy. Some users don't know anything about how to use computers except maybe to turn it on and use programs that have been shown to them by a friend or someone. I've met some of these people first hand, and I'm sure the users sharing their whole hard drive are one of these people.

This whole security issue isn't really too new to me. My firewall constantly tells me that users try to access port 1214 when Morpheus is turned off. That's another thing, a lot of broadband users on Morpheus don't use firewalls. Either they are naive or they just don't care.

Until there is a hole in Morpheus that let's people acces my whole hard drive and not just Morpheus's "my shared folder" then I will be worried (my firewall stops them anyhow). Although, if that does happen then it would be no different from hackers trying to gain access to my computer. A good firewall will put a stop to that. Just make sure to keep it up to date.

Last edited by JohnDoe345 : 03-02-02 at 05:01 PM.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote