View Single Post
Old 11-02-05, 11:07 AM   #117
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

I don't think gay marriage has anything to do with this thread, but then I didn't think slavery or women's rights or anyone claiming "democracy is going to have to change" was going to have anything to do with this thread either. As a matter of fact, it's kind of surprising to me that the whole "liberal vs. conservative" issue was made an intrinsic part of the thread from the very outset. Apparently the implication is that only liberals would dare distrust the version of reality that's filtered through the media and government agencies, while "conservatives" seem to have a significant need to see that version as complete, whole gospel truth. Either that, or couching it in those typically pointlessly polarized terms makes them feel better about it somehow.

I thought questioning authority was good for everyone, regardless of political persuasions, but I guess questioning authority is strictly out of fashion in some camps. C'est la vie.

By the way Sinner, where do you get your information about how many "undecided voters" oppose gay marriage? Seems like you'd have to be pretty much a psychic to get those kinds of statistics.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote