View Single Post
Old 29-06-05, 08:41 PM   #7
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Catcher
speaking of private networking... comparable to waste...cant skype be considered?
only in an emergency. transfers take forever. it is easilly the slowest direct transfer application i've ever used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
While Skype is an excellent p2p-based telephony application it is not a virtual private network and can't be considered a secure environment in the same sense a WASTE mesh is. Skype's identity and key management are centralized, and the software is closed source, so basically the bad guys could be listening to your private discussions and you would never know.

- tg
that's right and the authorities have taken an interest in skype. it's to be expected. anytime people start communicating en masse and encrypted they get curious about just what it the citizens are talking about. i mean how dare they expect privacy? the nerve of these people! while i have no knowledge of its breech i would not be surprised if authorities were to soon have backdoors into the data streams, whether provided by the vendors or otherwise.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote