View Single Post
Old 27-03-02, 11:18 AM   #17
twinspan
- a rascal -

Location: for security reasons, never the same as the President's
Angry

Thanks for the article, Jack.

I'm pretty sure this is more than just an 'outage' as they call it.

There are two (possibly related) problems:

Firstly, this issue of reaching the published briefcase, to be told in My Documents window that the Shared folder does have items, then in the Shared window itself that it's empty.
This has been the case continually since the service change on the 25th. (If only it had been for 45 mins!).
And it's not a problem of allowing access (as I have checked and re-checked that the folder is shared with 'Everyone'), as it worked fine with alternate Y! IDs before Monday.

Secondly, can't create links to anything inside a Y! BC now, only the BC itself, as the urls for stored files are now 'dynamic' changing according to user ID.

So now nobody can get a file either by browsing thru the BC (which will say it's empty) or by direct linking. A real pisser as I hoping to create a quick free 'virtual' website (entirely inside the briefcase, I've done it before) where people could get this stuff.

Oh well, I'll just have to try it somewhere else, but I don't really know any other free storage site that allows d/ling of files by other users (or the general public). Except for Streamload, and they only allow multimedia.

Twinspan
twinspan is offline   Reply With Quote