View Single Post
Old 14-03-05, 06:07 AM   #2
Gutrguy
Semiblind

If there was an 'legal' network with the availability of current networks i would be willing to pay a small monthly fee for unlimited downloads of music, movies, games, programs, ebooks, etc. Realistically, this will neever happen. The companies and people that own the copyrights to the content will never be able to reach an agreement to have the same size catolouge that is currently available...and lets just pretend they DID happen to reach some sort of agreement, the monthly price that would be charged would be more than myself and most others would be willing to pay.

Also i would not want to have to share my bandwidth if i am having to pay for a service. The model you describe is exactly that. I would be paying a big company (or groups of companies and rightsholders) for the privilage of using my own bandwidth. If they want to charge a reasonable fee and will host everything on their servers, i would be willing to pay $10 a month ($10 a month, $45 for 6 months, or $80 for 12 months)

The system that is currently set up (iTunes, etc) charges approx. $1 a song no matter what the atrist or song legnth. I have seen cd's with 21 songs and 45 minutes of music...others with 13 songs and 75+ minutes of music. At those rates you might as well go to the local tape / cd shop and buy the pressed cd with the artwork and everything for roughly the same price as a 13 - 15 track downloaded from one of these services...and you would get more for your money buying the store bought pressings.
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote