View Single Post
Old 05-01-05, 01:45 PM   #60
Vladd44

Quote:
No one is forced into the military in the USA, it is 100% voluntary.
Voluntary to join? yes
Voluntary in the event a short sighted president chooses to send you on an ill conceived and ill fated fools errand? hell no.

Quote:
These terrorist killed children,
Which terrorists are you talking about? Bush the terrorist? Blain the terrorist? Osama? Who?

Dont bother trying to villify the Sunnis, most of them werent baathist, they have every reason to be concerned about their situation in a Shiite controlled government. The majority of Sunnis had nothing to do with the events you have tried to smear them with by association. So dont try to imply that "Sunnis" did anything.... individuals, some of whom were sunni did horrible things, it doesnt condemn them all.

Quote:
Of course a democracy may not work and that could lead to a war much like the American Revolution.
Well said, another rose colored glass perspective. Face reality, the elections will be a sham. Without participation from the Sunnis, there is almost no chance of any government created to stand on its own. More like the French revolution than the American Rev.

Which means either we either stand between them and get caught in the crossfire for another decade. Or we let them have at each other, and leave them in a situation that could easily become worse than it was under Saddam. In reality we cant leave, we cannot afford to relinquish control of the oil in such an undependable situation.

Quote:
Are you saying they should lower the drinking age to 18? Coming from a military family my opinion will differ I guess, I think everyone should serve a minimum of two years in the military
OFC the drinking age shouldnt be more than 18.

As far as required military service? No way, but then again, it seems the Godlovers always enjoy war more than anything else.