View Single Post
Old 05-01-05, 10:59 AM   #59
Sinner
--------------------

I will start here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
51% of the voters is not half of the population, but for some of those who voted for dubya, I think the message was clear...Keep us safe from those big bad, far away terrorists at the expense of our childrens lives.
HellBound did not say 51% of the voters is half the population of the US, it was even typed in CAPS. Read it again, and again. Then maybe you will understand it. Keep us safe from the big bad terrorist who killed thousands upon thousands of innocent lives in several different countries around the world you mean. These terrorist killed children, and I mean children (under the age of 16), not your logic calling every son and daughter no matter what there age a child.

Quote:
Let's hammer in democracy into Iraq even tho it's clear they don't want to see the coalition in their country anymore and let's us level another city to teach those iraquies who don't think like us, that they should from now on or be treated as an enemy. Either with us or agains us.
What is clear is the fact you have no clue what you are talking about. The people who do not want democracy are the Sunni's which is 20% of the population - Saddam was a Sunni as was the Baath Party he ran – They maintained control by murdering thousands of Iraqis a year, and threatening that, and worse, to anyone thinking of resisting. The government countermeasures included kidnapping, torture, mutilation and group punishment. That last measure was one of the most effective. If someone was known, or thought, to be against the government, their family could be arrested, tortured or murdered. Because of this bloody history of brutal ruling techniques, many, inside and outside the Arab world – including you miss silver -, insist that Arabs cannot be ruled as a democracy. The Kurds and Shia Arabs of Iraq disagree with this. But Iraq will be the first real Arab democracy in the region, and the continued brutal Sunni Arab resistance to this puts the new democracy to a harsh test. Because the Sunni’s have murdered so many people they are worried when the Kurds and Shia Arabs take power they will be murdered or worse. Of course a democracy may not work and that could lead to a war much like the American Revolution.

Quote:
The rest of the population who didn't vote, I place them in the same basket for the reason that, if you're too lame ass to go vote or atleast void your vote, you deserve the prez you get and all that comes with it. Unfortunately, in the real world, it's not easy to pronounce those words, sit back and watch the death toll rise every day. A lot of those young adults probably didn't even want to go to war but were forced to.
No one is forced into the military in the USA, it is 100% voluntary.

Quote:
I'm sorry for your best friend Helly, not an easy thing to learn as a mother. You forgot to mention shopping malls in the list, a very popular spot for recruiting On this, have nothing else to say beside, that it's sad to have kids recruted without the knowledge of the parents or legal guardians. If one cannot have a beer before 21, then one should not be able to get recruited before 21 IMHO.
Are you saying they should lower the drinking age to 18? Coming from a military family my opinion will differ I guess, I think everyone should serve a minimum of two years in the military