View Single Post
Old 19-11-02, 06:16 AM   #6
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Re: And, recording industry fires back...

Quote:
Originally posted by justed
Quoted from… wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,56435,00.html

Self-described Hollywood "fat cat" Peter Chernin… president and COO of the News Corporation, and also as chairman and CEO of the Fox Group… Chernin will propose that effective antipiracy technologies will pull the tech sector out of its economic slump, by encouraging more and different kinds of digital content… In the long run, the piracy of content may hurt the technology business more than it affects the media business… I have no illusions that any protection devices are going to be perfect… The key to a tech sector revival is solving Hollywood’s piracy problems.

Maybe he reads The NY Times?
Maybe so, but he's not getting the message. From the same article:

Quote:
"People say it's a bunch of fat cats in Hollywood getting what they deserve. Sure, there are a few fat cats, like me," he joked. "But there are thousands and thousands of people involved in the creation of content. Their careers are absolutely being affected."
The people who are involved in the creation of content will continue to do so regardless. The people involved in the sales and distribution of content are the ones being affected. So be it - that's what technology does.

You can be sure that if guys like Chernin could apply technology that would replace these thousands of people while keeping their current business model, they would do it in a heartbeat.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote