View Single Post
Old 26-11-06, 07:36 PM   #21
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

We need to seek out the cause of terrorism and fix the problem, not go to war with the symptom which is terrorism. Ignore terrorism? No. Go to war forever to try and stop it? I'm not going to back a perpetual war. Let alone the next 34 years.

I'd like to know how invading Iraq and Afghanistan has helped win a "war on terror"? Everyone knows that the World Trade Center attack was perpetrated by Saudi Arabian terrorists. Why are we still friends with them? Why don't we invade Saudi Arabia? How has the ability to sneak and peak in American homes (read Patriot Act) helped? How has classifying civil protest groups as domestic terrorist groups helped? How has the reclassification of what constitutes torture helped? Why would they include a section immuning themselves from prosecution concerning torture unless they were afraid of being prosecuted?

Sorry, getting a bit off topic. Maybe all of that is fine with some people, but not with me.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote