View Single Post
Old 31-01-02, 06:30 AM   #12
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Some further observations:

- I have had one crash so far, not too bad for a fresh beta

- WPNP connection seems to be somewhat unstable, dropping me off quite easily after which it is hard to get it. Most likely firewall-related, might also have something to do with the mixed population of 2.6 & 3.0 clients.

Quote:
Stoepsel:
I had no problem with getting into WPNP. I use ZoneAlarm Pro and let WinMX be a server. Of course, that's like opening the barn door on the firewall, but it worked for me. I guess it's a bit more complicated not to let WinMX act as server. Would that even be possible?
All p2p proggies I have tried starting from Napster have required server rights (in ZoneAlarm) to function properly.

Quote:
Stoepsel:
I don't quite understand what WinMX puts in the title bar. There's this section that starts with: "PC: <some number>" followed by 2 more values, can't remember what they were (I'm writing this down from memory). If the PC value stands for number of users logged in, the value was around 5-8 when I was logged in. That was 5-8, not 500-800 or 5.000.000-8.000.000. No wonder that testing multi-sourcing was a bit hard to do. Let's wait a day or 2 for the news to spread.
My interpretation: the PC figure tells the number of 'primary connections' when you are acting as a 'supernode' in the WPNP network (your direct connections to other 'supernodes'), SC stands for 'secondary connections' (connections to normal peers).

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote