View Single Post
Old 30-07-01, 04:43 PM   #12
Trippynet

Well! My views on the matter are plain really.

For MP3s, I think nothing beats AudioGalaxy with the Dopeflish client as it's queueing is great and it uses very little resources.

I tried Morpheus 1.3 and I am very dissapointed. When it manages to consume all my resources and crash my PC frequently (and I have a K6/2 500, 256MB of RAM and a 1GB swapfile), I lose a lot of respect for a program. It also still doesn't save it's window positions which is incredibly frustrating and shouldn't really be all that difficult to fix. I use Morpheus occasionally for queueing up videos when I am not going to be using my PC, but not any other times. As for MP3s, it's terrible resource hogging and lack of support for MP3s greater than 128K (My MP3 collection is all 192K) makes this program almost back of the queue for MP3s as far as I'm concerned.

As for WinMX, it's fast, powerful, easy to use etc. It's only problem is that it doesn't have as many MP3s on it as AG or as many videos as Morpheus. Hopefully, WinMX 3 will address some of the queueing problems with it meaning that queueing lots of stuff and leaving it for hours may be possible at last. I hope they don't remove OpenNap support alltogether though, because if they did, that would kind of put the boot squarely into my site so to speak

It's cetainly an interesting one. One possability, is that WinMX could implement Gnuttela support. The problem with this, is that it's a similar, but inferior technology to WPNP so I doubt this will happen actually.

Still! Time will tell.

Dave!!