Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 21-11-06, 07:10 PM   #69
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
get even? i don't know what's happening in your local county but that sounds like a bad press release. scan the business pages - they're the richest corporations on earth ffs. if that's fucking with them the owners are screaming more baby more!

so i'll pass on the "get used" to getting ripped off if you don't mind. hell, even if you do mind nic.

- js.
Hey Jack,

Ever heard of earth day? It started here (Santa Barbara) and our wonderful county gov. has been making it extremely hard for any oil company to do anything since then. It seems that we have millions of barrels of oil here but the shits in control of this county are into blackmail and have been soaking the oil companys at every chance for fees and weird taxes and have been able to almost compleatly stop production.

This wouldn't be so bad for me if my (the north part of the county) got any benefit from their extortion.

Even though I'm getting screwed too, I have no trouble with the drilling outfits trying to make a buck. After all, everything our gov adds on is just another expence that we have to expect that will be added on to our gas prices.

What do you pay for gas anyway? I see no reason that I should be subsidizing your low prices just to carry the enviro whacko banner foward.

What do you pay for fuel anyway?

Today my price just went up to $2.69 for the cheapest regular.

There is so much oil underground here that it seeps up out of the ground and small amounts wash up on our beaches. The Chumash Indians used it to water tight their boats for hundreds of years. If some of it was pumped out it would relieve the pressure.

Now it is called pollution by the enviro freaks and as usual they are out for blood (more money for themselves).